Punch reveals Publicans of the Year
Punch Pubs & Co. has revealed the winners of its National Publican of the Year Awards.
Punch Pubs & Co. has revealed the winners of its National Publican of the Year Awards, celebrating the best publicans and management partners from an estate of over 1,300 pubs.
Previously, the pubco had hosted separate regional award events, but 2023 marked its first National Publican of the Year Awards for many years.
Operators were competing in 10 categories, including Best Drinks Offer, Mental Health & Wellbeing, and the prestigious Publican(s) of the Year 2023.
The awards were hosted by Mark Durden-Smith, who was joined by CEO Clive Chesser and Punch’s COO Andy Spencer.
"I am always humbled and immensely proud whenever I visit our pubs, and nothing has been more fun or exciting than meeting the fantastic people and pubs we have in the finals of these awards," says Chesser.
The Lifetime Achievement Award went to Diane Crathern of The Richmond Arms in Godalming, Surrey, while Paul and Emma Gibbon of The Plough in Prestbury, Cheltenham, took home the Punch Pubs 2023 Publicans of the Year title (pictured).
Punch Publican of the Year Awards 2023 winners
- National Publicans of the Year – Paul and Emma Gibbon, The Plough Inn - Prestbury (pictured with Durden-Smith (left) and Chesser (right)
- Regional Publicans of the Year – Chris Stockton, The Ferry - Wallasey; Kate Lowe, The Shakespeare Inn - Hull; Emma Griffiths, The Wickstead Arms - Nantwich; Samantha Foster, The Ship - Grays; Becky Davies and Cameron Foster-Smith, The Bulls Head - Countesthorpe; Paul and Emma Gibbon, The Plough - Prestbury; Steve and Trish Ulyatt, William Mitchell - Morecambe; Nik Ranhem and Nathan Fowler, The Dog House - Kennington; Dom and Shell Roberts, The Anglesey Arms - Halnaker
- Best Pub Entertainment & Sport – Debs Wilbee, The Jolly Sportsman - Chesham
- Community Champion – Selena and Brian Ogden, The Butchers Arms - Southam
- Best Drinks Offer - Dennis Wann, The Sailmakers Arms - Hull
- Best Outdoor Offer – Chris Driver, Oak Tree Inn - Darlington
- Best Newcomer – David Donlan and Catherine Hall, Seven Stars – Poulton-le-Fylde
- Best Food Offer – Tom and Katie Hannon, The Rising Sun - Truro
- Mental Health & Wellbeing Award – Vivian Bulmer, Two Pointers - Leeds
- Best Sustainable / Eco Friendly Pub – Michael Lenthall, Hen House - Cannock
- Lifetime Achievement Award - Diane Crathern, The Richmond Arms - Godalming